Recently remodeled with an added display area, it contains the original hand pumper and horse-drawn ladder wagon and Model T motorized fire engine, as well as many smaller memorabilia and historic photos of our volunteer fire department.
The Mayville City Council voted in 1874 to build a firehouse, which was located on South Main Street facing Horicon Street. The building was subsequently moved to a site on South John Street, north of City Hall, which was then located on the southeast corner of Allen and South John Streets. It was moved to the Mayville Historical Society property in 1978. A rear addition was constructed by the Society in 2006.